Thursday, March 31, 2011

Too much or not enough?

I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday. I think all this rainy, cold weather is making me tired! I'm thinking I'm also tired because I'm not eating enough. I was looking today at my daily intake and I think it's right at or just below 1,000 calories. I need to be getting a good bit more than that. So tonight I figured I'd make a big omelet for dinner with lots of veggies. I stopped by the grocery to pick up some green peppers for my omelet and changed gears on the dinner plan.

The only time I've had kale was when I was visiting my sister Emily this summer. She went out and picked kale out of her garden and came in and sauteed it with some sweet onion and a little olive oil then topped it with a little low fat feta. It was amazing. Inspired by the organic kale at the grocery, I decided to re-create it. It was pretty damn delicious - not near as good as fresh out of the garden - but still pretty good. I decided to also pick up a summer roll (cucumber, lettuce, carrot, avocado and crab wrapped in rice paper). Totally random combo, but it was GOOD!

So - my focus for the next few days is going to be on trying to eat a little bit more, a little bit more often, focusing specifically on vegetables and protein. Gonna start in the AM by making that omelet I was planning to have for dinner tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment