Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Next Leg

Hey guys! So my detox is over, thank goodness!  Don't get me wrong - it was great. I feel good, have lots of energy - but man, it is NICE to eat hot food again! The official weight loss numbers post detox: down 12.5 lbs and 0.5% body fat. I'm very happy with that. I almost fell in to the discouragement trap this morning when I realized that I didn't lose any weight on the last day of detox, but I had to remind myself of the incredible accomplishment of 12.5 lbs in 7 days. And really, I shouldn't be weighing myself everyday anyways so if I hadn't, I wouldn't have known that the last day was a stalemate and would have been thrilled with 12.5 lbs.

Now I'm on to the next leg of this marathon - low glycemic eating.

This morning I jumped out of bed so excited to cook breakfast! And it was good! I made a delicious veggie fritatta and some turkey bacon. The fritatta is so easy and so delicious - and really healthy too! I basically saute my fave veggies (this morning it was spinach and tomatoes) and then puree 1/2 cup of egg beaters, 1/2 cup FF cottage cheese and 1/4 cup FF evaporated milk and then pour the mixture over my veggies in a saute pan. I cook it on low for about 10 minutes and then pop it in the oven (low broil) for 5 minutes or until it rises. Major deliciousness. I usually eat a third of it and then heat up leftovers for the next few mornings.

We went to church and then after church went to a steakhouse and I had 6 oz steak, steamed broccoli and a house salad. It is great to eat again!

I'm off to a training - check in with y'all later! Hope its a great day! The weather here is gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment