Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Eye on the Prize

I made a major miscalculation today. I finished all my veggies by 11:30am. So now I'm stuck STARVING until I get home from work around 6pm or so. Water not helping. Desperate. For. Carrots.

Other than being starving, its been an interesting day. I've had a couple of long (2 hrs each) meetings with 15-20 people in each. In the first meeting, I toted in my gallon freezer bag of fresh veggies and munched away throughout the meeting. Of course most people don't eat during meetings but I knew I couldn't survive 2 hours without my veggies. I got a number of strange looks.

In my second meeting, I had no vegetables left. I looked rough and felt like garbage. Not tired, just really starving. Stomach grumbling audibly. There were a number of my colleagues in my meeting who know that I'm detoxing and they had questions. "Can't you have dip with your veggies?" No. "Can you have nuts?" No. "Chicken?" No. Ready - here's the deal: raw vegetables - PLAIN. A couple servings of fruit. Water. That's it. 7 days.

Even though I'm really hungry right now (my own fault - poor planning) I'm reminding myself of a couple of key things:
  • You become what you think about all day long. 
  • Focus on potential, not problems
  • When I'm feeling frustrated, God is at work to produce patience in me
I have to stay focused on the positive. I have to remind myself to focus on where I'm going not where I am. I have to focus on why I'm making this change and what it means to me. This is going to be a process. A long process. And what happens along the journey is just as important as what happens when I get there. Maybe even more so. It's about much more than food and much more than weight. It's really a transformation from the inside out.

No comments:

Post a Comment