Friday, March 4, 2011

Nervous excitement

Last night I was sharing with my mom what I was planning to do with this blog and on twitter. I was explaining to her that I'm really nervous about making my weight loss journey so public. She once again proved to me why I value her input so much. She told me that if I'm gonna do this, I can't even consider failure as an option. (Shout out: You're the best, Mom!!) No guts, no glory, right?
She's so right. Really. So, with nervous excitement, we are forging ahead.

Sunday 3/6/11 is day 1 of my 12 week challenge.

Now, if you've know me a while, you know that I've been working to lose weight for quite some time. And I've been successful to a degree. I'm about 31 lbs lower than my highest weight but I've struggled to lose more than that. I lose it, then put it back on, and repeat. And really, that's only because I lose focus and motivation and let "life" get in the way. So another 12-week challenge is in my future.

For the first 7 days I'm going to detox. That means nothing but raw fruits and veggies for 7 days. No diet soda. No chocolate. No salt. Raw fruits and vegetables. But as Coach Lydia says - you can do anything for 7 days. I've done it before, but it aint easy. The great thing about it, though, is that it really reconditions your palate. I'm a junk food junkie and for me, the detox is really the best way to eliminate my cravings. After the first few days (which SUCK) I actually start to look forward to the natural, clean flavors of fruits and vegetables. (Remind me of that on day 3 when I'm following the Hostess Cupcake truck down the highway).

And every Friday, post-weigh-in, I'll share my results. I promise. Girlscout's honor. 

I'm so excited to have support from cyber space. And if you just are reading to heckle me, that's fine too. I have tiger blood! Haha. Winning!!

**Follow me on Twitter: bentonek

No comments:

Post a Comment