Saturday, March 12, 2011

What A Difference A Week Makes

Hey y'all! Hope you're having a great weekend. This is officially the last day of my detox! Only a couple more hours and I can eat cooked food and expand beyond veggies! Hurray!

Do me a favor and ask yourself a question - How different would I feel if I got all of the toxins, sugar, artificial everything out of my body? Let me tell you - the difference is MAJOR. I have had more energy in the past two days than I can ever remember having. Seriously. I feel GREAT. My mood is improved, my energy level is high, I'm productive, my skin looks great and I'm not the least bit hungry. I had to remind myself to eat today.

Let's rewind a week and compare today to last Saturday - the day before I started the detox. Last Saturday I woke up around 8:30AM, got showered and dressed, went and got my haircut. Around noon I stopped and got my first meal of the day - chicken nachos and a diet pepsi (I was enjoying food knowing my detox was about to start). After I ate my nachos I drove home and had a bowl of chocolate peanut butter ice cream and then took a 3 hour nap. I woke up and watched an hour or two of TV and then headed out to dinner. Chips and queso, chicken chimichanga and a jumbo margarita. Then we stopped off and got some ice cream at Cold Stone. Drove home and watched more TV and then had a bowl of popcorn before going to bed. (Don't judge...)

Today - I woke up at 7 full of energy. Really wanted to sleep later than that but I couldn't. Not tired anymore. Played outside with the pup (Oakley) for about 45 minutes. Came in and had my warm lemon water and a banana. Got caught up on twitter. Vacuumed all the floors in the house. Steam cleaned the hardwoods. Did 6 loads of laundry. Washed all the shelves in the fridge. Wrote out menu for next week. Cleaned all the bathrooms. Colored my hair. Went grocery shopping. Cleaned my car. Paid the bills. Wrote a blog. Prepped food for lunch tomorrow. Snacked on some carrots and broccoli. Organized my closet. Watched the KU game (Go Jayhawks! Big 12 Champs!). 

What a difference a week makes! It's now 9:25 and I'm still full of energy - ready to roll. There is NO QUESTION that this detox completely rejuvenates you from the inside out. I'm so glad I was able to stick with it!

So ready for the next phase which starts tomorrow! Obviously the weight loss will be MUCH slower than what I've had on detox, but any weight loss is great weight loss so I'm not going to expect big numbers each week. Slow and steady, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment