Sunday, March 6, 2011

Distraction + Determination = Survival

I'm so glad day 1 of detox is almost over! The key to getting through today has been all about distractions. I took a 3 hour nap just to have a few hours without having to think about food. Go figure I had a dream about cupcakes. Seriously.

Luckily, I'm not hungry - I just want to eat. I mean, come on, food is GOOD. I'm already planning what I'm gonna eat next Sunday when I can expand my selections beyond raw veggies. I'm thinking a steak. Gah! That sounds good!

Overall though, the day has been a success. Tomorrow should be a lot easier since I'll be at work so I really won't think about work until after 6pm or so. I'm all prepped and ready to go with my freezer bag of veggies to munch on throughout the day.

Here's to Day 2 being easier than Day 1!

4 comments:

  1. Hi~ I just stumbled onto your blog, I started the cleanse today also...everything you said about your day is EXACTLY how mine went!!! I wish you the best of luck, I know this is a hard week, but well worth it in the end!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laurie!! I appreciate the support. Good luck to you, too! It won't be easy but it WILL be worth it! Keep in touch and let me know how its going for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth - love the blog! I'm a friend of your moms and she passed along your link. It really is a phenomenal idea (I may do the same because my support team is in Ohio and this would be a great way for them to help support me)! I have done the detox week before and the first couple of days are definitely the worst, when I do it next time I'm going to be sure I have ENOUGH to eat. And enough support, being hungry is just not helpful! Anyway, keep up the good work and keep posting, you are AWESOME! (--Mari)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mari! I hope you keep reading! Good luck to you, too!

    ReplyDelete