Friday, April 1, 2011

Setting Goals

I am so glad today is Friday! I know I keep saying it but I am so tired this week! Is anybody else feeling that? I need to energize this weekend for sure!

I know I don't talk much about my job on this blog - and I don't plan to - but I think my job is unique in that my work is actually an environment in which my weight loss goals are totally supported. My job is totally focused around health and nutrition. This week, I was helping out with the development of some support materials for our weight management program. One of the things we were talking about is the importance of setting goals. I am a bigtime goal setter. I have goals for work, goals for my marriage, goals for my finances. But while working on this project, I realized that I haven't yet set goals for this weight loss/health transformation journey.

So, not only have I set goals - I am sharing them with you so that you all can help me stay focused and accountable. Because I have a lot of weight to lose and this will be a long process for me, I am setting 30 day and 120 day goals as well as long term goals. I'll remind myself of these goals each day and tweak them as neccessary. I'll definitely have to create new goals after 90 days for the next 3 or 6 months.

30 Day Goals (Target Date: May 1st)
  • Between now and May 1st I will exercise at least 4 times each week
  • Between now and May 1st I will stop all negative self talk and positively affirm myself and my actions daily
  • By May 1st I will be able to jog for 30 minutes without stopping
  • By May 1st I will weigh 10 lbs less than I do now.
  • Between now and May 1st I will consume at least 30 grams of fiber daily
  • Between now and May 1st I will reduce my body fat percentage by at least 1.5%
 120 Day Goals (Target Date: August 1)
  • By August 1st I will decrease my pant size by at least 2 sizes
  • Between now and August 1st I will blog at least 4 times each week
  • Between now and August 1st I will identify and journal situations in which I eat for emotion instead of hunger or fuel
  • Between now and August 1st I will try at least 2 new low GI recipes each month
  • Between now and August 1st I will reduce my body fat by at least 5%
Long Term Goals
  • To boost my confidence and truly believe that I am beautiful
  • To achieve and maintain less than 25% body fat
  • To get pregnant, maintain a healthy pregnancy and have a healthy baby
  • To be an example of peak physical and emotional health in my family and at work
So, there you have it. You know what I'm trying to and why. I'll definitely keep you guys posted as I make progress! 

No comments:

Post a Comment