Friday, March 11, 2011

60 Seconds Inside Elizabeth's House

So our local radio station here in the K'ville/GSO/WS area occasionally does this thing they call "60 seconds inside a woman's head". I love it because its just a random stream of thoughts that I can totally relate to as my head is often a pinball machine of random, unrelated thoughts. This morning, as I was getting ready for work, I had one of those moments and thought I'd share it with you.

The backstory: I've only been married for....actually its a year and 5 months today. I love my husband - we are a perfect match. BUT - there is one thing he does that drives me BANANAS. He chews tobacco. Now let me say, he never does it in front of me. I've never even seen a can of dip in his possession. I guess he only does it at work. I didn't even know he was a chewer until about a month before we got married. I try really hard not to bug him about quitting, but he knows that I hate it.

Ok, so this morning, I'm getting ready for work and watching the news about the huge quake in Japan and the impending tsunamis in Hawaii and CA.

Me (thought): I'm gonna wake Aaron up a few minutes early and tell him about this quake. I wonder if he knows anyone in LA. Do I know anyone in LA? Does Charlie Sheen live in LA? I bet he's sleeping. I wonder if dogs can feel earthquakes from really far away? What shoes am I wearing today? Aaron won't be mad if I wake him to tell him about the quake. He'll want to know.
Me (spoken): Babe? Aaron.
Aaron: Morning.
Me: Your grinding your teeth again. Your teeth are going to fall out of your head. Back ones from grinding and front ones from dippin'. Get it together.
Aaron: Love you. Have a good day.

I won't call that an average morning in our house, but that sums up my personality pretty nicely.

On more important matters: I'm stoked to be on Day 6 of detox! So far, so great! Can't wait to tell you guys how much weight I've lost. I feel really good. Strong. And good.

No comments:

Post a Comment