Monday, March 28, 2011

Micro-Goals

Hey ya'll!

I don't know about you but I set little micro-goals for myself. Small, manageable goals. I set micro-goals for my work, finances, marriage and certainly for my weight loss.

My first micro-goal for weight loss is 20 lbs. And I'm just a few pounds away from that. And while I'm not trying to reward myself with food, I am seriously considering having a "cheat meal" (I really hate that phrase) next weekend.

In the past, I would have a cheat meal and then not get on track. Right now, I'm thinking the cheat meal is important not so much because I want the food but rather because I have to prove to myself that I can get back on track. Does that make sense? I have to prove to myself that I can still be successful even when I go off track.

I'd love to know what you guys think - cheat meal or no?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth!

    You're doing an amazing job and I love reading your blog every day!!!! You're such an inspiration!

    I think the idea of having a "cheat" meal is really good - it's part of life and the getting back on track is part of the program. I think having followers and needing/wanting to "report" to all of us will help you make it just one meal and not the beginning of a dangerous time. What better time to test the waters a little bit? That's just my $.02 but I completely support whatever you decide and of course I continue to wish you the very best.

    Good luck! And keep up the great work!

    Mari

    ReplyDelete