Saturday, March 5, 2011

Detox shopping

I just got back from detox shopping - my fridge is PACKED with all my favorite veggies! Green peppers, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, broccoli and celery! I had to clean out the fridge so that everything would fit! As I was shopping I kept thinking how expensive it is to buy all these fresh veggies but then I realized that I won't be going out to eat for lunch or buying 3 or 4 diet pepsi's each day. On an average week of typical unhealthy eating I'd probably go out for lunch an average of three times, out to dinner about twice and spend $15-20/week on average snacks or sodas. So really, even though I'm spending more at the grocery store, I'm spending a good bit less overall.

My plan of attack for detox days is simple - every morning when I wake up I'll have some warm lemon water followed by either an apple or an orange. Then I fill up a big freezer bag with chopped veggies and bring that with me to work. That way, I can graze throughout the day as I feel hungry (or bored) and I don't feel pressure to figure out what to do about "traditional meals" of fresh vegetables.

My other secret weapon is Transitions ACTS (it's a dietary supplement that helps to reduce stress and enhance mood and keeps your stress hormones and adrenals in check). Like I've said before, I'm a MAJOR emotional eater so anything I can do to help take the edge off is critical in keeping me on track. It's freakin' amazing. Can't live without it. 

Anyways - tomorrow is day 1. And I'm pretty excited because I got a major haircut today and I swear I lost at least 3 lbs of extra weight after it was all through!

'Til tomorrow! (And don't forget to follow me on Twitter!! My handle is bentonek)

No comments:

Post a Comment