Thursday, April 7, 2011

Tough Day

Today has been tough. I don't know why, it's just been a hard day. I felt overwhelmed at work as soon as the day started. Feeling like there is a lot on my plate and not really knowing where to dive in and get started. I looked at my crazy long list of things to do and felt defeated. The crazy thing is, I have a crazy long list every day. For some reason, today I felt much less in control. Somebody brought in brownies and I really, really wanted one. I wasn't hungry, and I wasn't even craving chocolate - I just wanted to eat crap. I felt like it would make me feel better. I must have walked by them 50 times. But I didn't eat one.

Then I got home from work and my sweet husband grilled me a turkey burger. I ate it, wasn't hungry anymore, sat down to pay some bills....and just wanted to eat again. Had there been junk food in the house, I'm pretty confident I would have eaten it. That whole bargaining thing (see my last post) started to happen. "You're stressed. It's been a bad day. Take the night off from eating healthy. What's one night?" Fortunately, there wasn't any "real" junk. There was, however, a bag of FF microwave popcorn. And I ate it. And now I feel guilty.

Looking back on the day, I'm trying to identify what made me feel different than other days. 1) I didn't really have time to eat my snacks at work. 2) I didn't write down my non-work goals for the day. 3) I didn't take my Transitions ACTS (I think that might be a big part of this). 3. I didn't have any veggies with my lunch OR dinner (I know - bad bad. I had tuna on a high fiber tortilla for lunch and just a turkey burger for dinner).  I guess it's not too hard to identify what went wrong!! I mean, not a terrible day, but not my best day either. I'm tired and cranky and feeling defeated. I guess this is a day to go to bed early, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment