Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Morning After

So, last night I had a cheat meal. It wasn't a spur-of-the-moment-I-need-to-eat-that kind of thing. I planned it out. It's been 4 weeks and I wanted to enjoy a cheat meal and challenge myself to not let it turn in to a downward spiral.

So, last night Aaron and I went out for Mexican food (my favorite) and I ate a chicken chimichanga. I didn't eat the rice or beans that came with the meal - I planned to - but honestly, my chimichanga totally filled me up (that's rare). I really credit that entirely to Transitions CORE - one of the supplements I take that helps me to feel fuller sooner. After dinner, I got some fat-free sugar-free vanilla frozen yogurt with chocolate sprinkles. I didn't feel guilty at all because I had planned for it. I didn't go overboard and I didn't go crazy.

But, the most important part for me was the morning after. This morning. Getting back on track. Oftentimes in the past, a night out turns in to breakfast out the next morning or a stop for ice cream the next day. I had a plan for today - I knew exactly what I was going to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I knew I was going to get up, fix an egg white omelet, go to church, come home and have a grilled chicken salad, go the gym, go grocery shopping, have a protein bar for a snack and then have tuna for dinner. So far, so good.  Here's a little peak of this week's groceries.


I had a really great workout this afternoon (so great I nearly fainted afterwards and felt sick to my stomach for about an hour). I'm headed out here shortly to take the dog to the dog park and I am planning to do some yoga later tonight while I watch Army Wives. It's a good day. Anyways - I thought it was important to share here about my cheat day. Don't worry - it doesn't mean I'm off track in any way, shape, or form. In fact, being able to get back on track today is milestone. Here's to having a week as successful as the weekend! One of my goals this week is to make sure I get 30 grams of fiber each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment