Monday, April 25, 2011

Food and Faith

Up until now, I haven't really made too much of a connection between my relationship with food and my relationship with God. Sure, I realize that I was carefully created by God and part of loving God is caring for my body and maintaining my health, but I never thought of it much beyond that.

However, since reading "Made to Crave" I'm finding a much deeper connection and I'm so excited about it. Think about it - how did sin enter the world? FOOD. The apple. Satan tempted Eve with food. Eve turned away from God and turned to food. How did I miss that? Satan will tempt us anywhere we are weak - for me, most often that is food.

How about this one? Read this and tell me that there isn't a connection: "For, as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their destiny is their destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things." (Philippians 3:18-19)

Just some food for thought today.

No comments:

Post a Comment