Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Winning the Battle with the Scale

t's really remarkable how making positive changes in your life really changes your overall outlook. Eating healthy foods, exercising regularly and focusing on positive self talk REALLY changes the way you look at your life. At least it really does for me. Seriously. It's kinda crazy.

So - true confession time - despite my post about the dangers of weighing myself daily, up until a week and a half ago, I was weighing myself everyday. But, since then, I haven't weighed myself at all. Not once. Initially, I told myself I was only going to go a week without it. Then I made it a week and felt good about it so I decided to go another week. I was initially really afraid that NOT weighing myself daily would cause me to cheat, slack on exercise, etc because I wouldn't have that daily accountability of facing the numbers on the scale. That's the way its been in the past. I have to say that this time, something is different. I don't really know what it is but its definitely different. My focus is totally not on the numbers anymore. I am 100% confident in what I'm doing and I know that I'm going to lose weight. I don't need to obsess over the numbers. I don't think I'm losing 4-5 lbs each week but I'm probably losing a pound or two. And that's awesome. My new perspective is essentially this: I'm changing my life. For the first time ever, I don't feel like I'm on a diet. I'm just making good choices. I'm eating low glycemic foods probably 90% of the time. I'm exercising regularly. I'm taking my supplements. I'm going to lose weight. But its not a race.

I'm even thinking that I might not weigh myself until May 1st. So crazy. I'm just going to continue to make good eating choices - focusing on my short term goals - pushing myself in my workouts - and most importantly, believing in myself. And it's all going to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment