Sunday, April 10, 2011

I Am Selfish

I am selfish. And that's OK. In order for me to succeed in getting healthy and achieving my weight loss goals - I must be selfish. And I'm totally fine with that. Because being a healthier me will help me to be be a better wife, a better employee, a better friend, daughter, sister, etc.

This is really a great time in my life to conquer this. Because we don't have kids yet (and because my husband is understanding and supportive) I can really focus on getting healthy. But sometimes its hard. It means saying no to going out with friends if I feel I won't be able to resist the temptation to drink or eat junk. It means being less spontaneous and having fewer dinners out with Aaron. It means going to bed earlier. There are a lot of sacrifices to make - but they are all worth it. And most importantly, I am worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment