Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Why I Do the Grocery Shopping

Hi guys - sorry for the lack of consistent posts in the past week. I'll do better :)

This weekend was crazy busy. We barely had a moment to breathe. It was a great weekend, but it was crazy. In fact, it was so crazy that my husband had to do the grocery shopping. In my house, that's major. Aaron NEVER does the grocery shopping. Seriously, I think this was probably only the second or third time he's done it since we've been married.

It's almost more work to have him do the shopping than to do it myself. I know exactly what I want and while I do have a list, my list certainly wouldn't make sense to most people. I created my list and went over with him the items I thought would be tricky. For me, "cereal" works. I know exactly which cereal I'm talking about. I know it's the Fiber One Honey Clusters. For Aaron, I tell him Fiber One cereal and I tell him to look at the box in the pantry to see exactly what it looks like. Take a picture with your phone just in case! I tell him to get the 4 pack of Bumble Bee tuna (in a can) packed in water. Apples. What color apples? Red apples. What kind of red apple? Macintosh.

Somehow, the details here were lost in translation. Fiber One cereal came back as the original bran cereal. Dude, that stuff looks like rabbit food. Seriously. Have you seen it? It doesn't taste any better than it looks, either. Instead of Bumble Bee tuna he got Starkist. I HATE Starkist tuna. When I mentioned the tuna to him, he says "So throw it away". I am so not going to throw away $5 worth of tuna! I'm certainly not going to eat it either --- maybe the dog will eat it. I bet the dog doesn't like Starkist either. Yuck. And instead of Mac apples he got Cameos (but, they are red)!

I do have to give him some props though - he did come in $28 under budget. Can't complain there!

No comments:

Post a Comment