Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Circuit with TRX Kicked My....

Let me start by saying that I'm really proud of myself. Seriously. Yesterday was a hard day for me. It was stressful and physically and emotionally exhausting. A day where I would be likely to "treat" myself to Mexican food and ice cream. But I didn't. Not only was my food totally on point (ok, lack of veggies but whatever - I'm still proud) - I got in a 60+ minute circuit workout.

Here's a little recap so you can be proud of me too :-)
Breakfast: Protein shake (made with water - total of 30g protein)
Morning snack: an apple with 3 tbsp peanut butter
Lunch: Protein shake (same as above)
Afternoon snack: 1/2 protein bar
Dinner: Grilled chicken salad with romaine lettuce and 1 cup veggie soup

A friend of mine, who is a personal trainer, invited me to workout with her last night. After the day I had, I really didn't want to go but I'm so glad I did. I was feeling kinda down so I can't say I gave 110% to the workout but it still was a heck of a workout. It was a bit over an hour of circuits (no rest) including spin bikes, TRX bands, kettlebells and lots of jumping! The TRX bands were a lot of fun - the upper body wasn't too bad but the lower body kicked my ass! After taking a week and a half off from the intense workouts because of my foot pain, it felt really good to wake up sore this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment