Monday, April 11, 2011

Another Day of Running

Hey y'all. So I took the day off from work today - which was awesome. I needed a day of "rest" ---which was really only rest from work since I had a very busy and productive Monday.

I went to the gym around 10AM and this was my hardest running workout yet (each one gets harder than the last, so I guess I can say that with each post). It was a lot harder than Saturday's workout. I think part of it was that I didn't have the right pre-workout food. I had some Fiber One cereal (about a half cup, no milk) and an apple with peanut butter. I'm thinking that was way too heavy for pre-workout. I felt like I was dying through pretty much the entire thing. There were many, many moments where I seriously thought I had no choice but to quit. I continued the positive self-talk through my workout "I am in control" etc but my body was fighting against me the whole time.

The good news is - I didn't quit. The bad news is - I threw up all over myself on the way back to my car. Niiiice. Fortunately I was headed home to shower before meeting some friends for lunch. I was so proud of myself for powering through when I really didn't feel like I could. My legs felt like they were cinderblocks and I felt tired before I even got started. Like I said the other day though - I know there will be good days and bad days - days when I feel strong and days when I feel weak - but the bottom line is that I keep going.

Oh - I did find a "protein" bar that has become a little too addictive. I don't think I can buy more than one at a time because they are like my candy bar. It's the Balance Bar Gold chocolate mint cookie or something. I swear, it tastes like Thin Mints. My girlfriend Michelle turned me on to them, and I'm not sure if I should love her or hate her for it! I mean, I guess its better than a handful of cookies - but its not a true protein bar either. 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat. They are INSANELY good! If you try them - watch out - you might not be able to stop!

Have a great Monday, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment