Friday, April 8, 2011

Water Weight

I think I've talked about this before but I'm bringing it up again because I'm feeling so frustrated. I have a MAJOR issue with water retention. I mean, as soon as I eat (even if its a chicken breast and steamed greens) my hands get puffy to where I can't remove my wedding ring. Seriously. It's crazy. (No, its not allergies. I've been tested).

It was recommended that I start supplementing with dandelion extract. I tried that, but it didn't improve my water retention. Then I cut out my supplements. This is the 3rd day without my supplements. I'm more frustrated than ever. I'm still retaining a substantial amount of water and I'm REALLY feeling the difference without my supplements. Its a great thing in that I can tell that the supplements were making a difference. For example, one of the supplements I take is to help maintain optimal levels of cortisol and manage stress - the past two days without it my stress level has been significantly higher. I feel tense and on edge. One of the other supplements helps with cravings and satiety. Let me just tell you that in the past couple of days I've noticed a MAJOR increase in cravings. Bad news! I've GOT to get back on these supplements! Ugh. No fun.

Anyways - I've cut out sodium, dairy and artificial sweeteners but still having this significant water retention issue. Such a bummer. Feeling defeated today.

No comments:

Post a Comment