Sunday, May 1, 2011

On the Road

Hey guys -

So - my routine is switched up a little bit this week - I'm in New Jersey for a tradeshow. I flew up here this afternoon and I'll head home Wednesday night. A few little kinks have been thrown at me already:
  • The gym here SUCKS and my hotel isn't in an area that's really safe to walk or jog around. The "gym" has no weights - just a treadmill and a bike. I'll make it work, but I'm really disappointed.
  • There is no room service. Seriously. And there are NO restaurants around here except for a pizza place. Their "room service" is an Italian restaurant down the street. Fortunately, I brought a few protein bars and the Italian place has salads. Again - major disappointment.
But, that's the way it is. I'll make it work. In order to help me stay on track, I wrote out a schedule for tomorrow - what I'll do when, where I'll be and what I'll eat. If it's not on the plan - I won't eat it. I'll have time to workout tomorrow morning and I'll probably have time to work out again in the evening which will hopefully make up for the lack of ideal food situation. I should have brought some tuna packets but I didn't because the last time I went out of town I didn't eat them. But, I guess it's better to be over-prepared than under-prepared. I won't make that mistake again.

Hope you guys have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment