Monday, May 2, 2011

Finding the Positive

So yesterday I was feeling frustrated about my accommodations here on this business trip. The fitness center in the hotel is laughable and has very limited hours. Their is no "room service" but for a pizza place and italian joint down the road which deliver. There are no grocery stores or restaurants within walking distance.

But I'm determined to make this work. This morning I got up and walked/jogged on the treadmill for 40 minutes before heading to the hotel's continental breakfast. They make eggs "to order" but won't make an egg white omelet. I got the next best thing - a regular omelet with tomatoes and green peppers and a plate of "fresh" fruit.

After a sketchy and overpriced cab ride to the event facility I noticed a Chipotle a couple of blocks from where I was headed. So after my sessions I walked over there and got two salads - one for lunch and one for dinner and called the cab to come pick me up. (True confession - while waiting for the cab I stopped by Starbucks and got a hot Chai tea).

I'm back to my room now (which fortunately has a mini fridge to keep my dinner cold) and I'm about to head down to the "gym" again to get in another little workout. The great thing about traveling alone is that I can take this evening down time for myself. I'm trying to do a lot of reading, a lot of stretching, a lot of sleeping and whatever else I think my body and mind need.

No comments:

Post a Comment