Monday, December 5, 2011

Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead

Happy December, guys!! I know, I know, I was MIA again. But not for nearly as long as the last time, so I'm getting better! 

The bad news: November was a crazy, crazy month! Work was crazy, home was crazy, the holidays were definitely crazy.
The good news: Despite all the crazy, I lost 9 lbs in November. I'm pretty proud of that.

I'm curious - have any of you seen the documentary "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead"? I watched it last night. It definitely gives you something to think about! While I can't say that I agree with everything in there, it was definitely shocking to see/hear what "average" Americans have to say about their diet and lifestyle. It's a very inspiring story about the radical changes that come about when you adopt a more wholesome lifestyle. Specifically, it focuses on the health benefits of "juicing". If you haven't seen it, check it out. If you have, what did you think?

I got a juicer a couple of years ago as a gift from my mom and while I love it, I don't use it often because its such a pain in the a** to clean. However, when I did use it, the juice was great and I never wanted to throw away the pulp so I'd incorporate it into meatloaf or veggie soups. After watching the documentary I think I'm going to try to incorporate "juicing" into my routine at least a couple of times a week. I have a few other goals for the last month of 2011 - even though we're a few days in, I figured I'd share them with you guys for the sake of accountability:
December 2011 Goals (progress, not perfection)
  • Make time for exercise - at least twice each week
  • Fresh juice from the juicer - at least twice each week
  • Journaling - at least once each week
  • Move this blog to my new platform - husband is on me about this one
  • Send out Christmas cards
  • Drink more water
December is a totally crazy month with travel, holiday parties, shopping, etc - have you set goals for the month? I'd love to hear them! Good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment